Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mesti ada gaya....

People, when you have spawns of your own, make sure they never choose to make investment banking as a vocation. Steer them (ahem*force them*ahem) towards any other vocations, except a life as an investment banker. There is no value add to this world in pursuing this line of work, there is nothing it can offer that the world can’t do without…yeah, sure it pays the bills, sure, some people in the industry might look up to you as a BSD; but in comparison to a doctor, an engineer, an artisan…an i.banker is such a hollow profession. Maybe I am feverish with a case of career-romanticism, fantasizing about how my work can be noble, rewarding and profoundly important to society and the world at large. But who am I kidding….its the monkey suit, disposal shaving kits and blackberry for now, selling “innovation” like the world’s existence depended on it…what a load of bullcrap.

+++

I am posting this on my new swanky netbook with my new plug and play broadband. But I can’t promise if I can post more moving forth :(. This new role in Bankerland is sucking the life out of me…and its not even good sucking. *ahem*

+++

Overheard in Bankerland:

Capon : “Let me introduce you to Banker Wanker, he is our guy on the regional side of business”
Banker Wanker : *fui yoh* *stoned face* *thinking regional tag is becoming this gigantic fluff ball that I have no control over* *shakes hand, smiles* *trying to recall LIBOR closing rates* *thinking curry stain on shirt not very there* *thinking I need to develop Engrish accent like those cina cikus in foreign banks*...”No laaaa, just chopping the lalang for now only wannn”

Confirm, fail.

+++

Milla Jovovich can throw shirukens at me anytime. Ali Carter too, but after Milla kay.

No comments:

Post a Comment