Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thank you for the music...

“Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.” – Brooks Atkinson

+++

There are times when I would be floored by an insatiable need to hear music, and that’s when I will hit the stores (yes, old fashion me, but owning CDs is sort of a childhood promise I made to myself) to see if I can find any interesting releases. I am game for any genre and tend to go on gut-feel, some prior sampling and a good dose of open-mindedness; and more often than not, I would uncover some gems along the way. I was hankering for some new music last week, and decided to pop into a chain with Bumblebee. Playing overhead was a song with a pretty catchy beat and it was then I caught Bumblebee moving both his hands in the air to the beat of the song, like some feng-tou dance, baby style. It was brilliant. The boy has some music in him afterall (the moves will come later, once I am done teaching him how to dance the imaginary-knife-cutting-the-air dance ). And like my late dad who used to imbue me with music i.e classical guitar classes, music books and concerts, I hope my love for music would rub of on Bumblebee as well. I have been thinking a lot about how my late dad has influenced me as a kid (the good bits), despite the short period of time spent together and tragic circumstances on the family and career front. And as flawed as I am, I do hope that Bumblebee will have some good bits to see him through life too....dance on Bumblebee…

+++

Skyline
Ok ok only, tried to be different but was lukewarm at best. Awesome scene involving US Airforce (but of course, it can only be the great You-Ass-Aye) jets dogfighting with alient crafts.

Narnia
Blibical references aplenty, good special effects…but a tad too sterilized for my liking.

Tron
3D effects, great. Storyline, like yesterday’s tea. Chick from House, in Tron glowy suit, sizzling.

Harry Potter, 1st part of last installment
Read the book, decent adaptation. Still think its too dark for kids.

Omigosh, Captain America, Thor and Green Lantern this year. Can’t wait to watch them alone

+++

Changes in Bankerland

- New bosses everywhere, with Capon being the only constant
- Capon acting like a retired general….(ohh, wait a minute, that hasn’t changed from the past..ooppps)
- Small Dick has left the building for good…I feel sad for him that it didn’t work out here, but good riddance to someone who consciously decided that he would be a pain in the arse prior to his departure.
- New colleagues, among others, Selfish-Twig, Eager Beaver and Bree

I expect to see a lot more changes this year in Bankerland, and while some may not be desirable, it is still going to be exciting to see how the business will grow. Game face on, let’s go.

No comments:

Post a Comment