Thursday, April 29, 2010

Of Genes and Dreams

I really get this new song by John Mayer, Heartbreak Warfare, which is on the original soundtrack of Date Night….

Sampling of Heartbreak Warfare by John Mayer:

Lightning strikes
Inside, my chest to keep me up at night
Dream of ways
To make you understand my pain

Clouds of sulfur in the air
Bombs are falling everywhere
It's heartbreak warfare
Once you want it to begin,
No one really ever wins
In heartbreak warfare

If you want more love,
why don't you say so?
If you want more love,
why don't you say so?

Drop his name
Push it in and twist the knife again
Watch my face
As I pretend to feel no pain

+++

Overheard in Banker Wanker’s world:

Moonlight: "You didn't have to...but its nice"
Banker Wanker: "Its a small thing, really"
Moonlight: "Sigh"
Banker Wanker needs to stop shopping for awhile.

Soulmate: "Nothing much to complain about, and you shouldn't either. Not that you complain much to me anyway"
Banker Wanker: "That's because you are a positive energy person and you wouldn't want to hear my complains in any case"
Soulmate: "Ok, nites!!"
Banker Wanker shouldn't expect anything more than this.

The Queen: "I love you"
Banker Wanker: "Yeah, I know"
On hindsight, Banker Wanker thinks the response speaks a thousand words.

+++

Study Links Gene Variant in Men to Marital Discord

Men are more likely to be devoted and loyal husbands when they lack a particular variant of a gene that influences brain activity, researchers announced yesterday -- the first time that science has shown a direct link between a man's genes and his aptitude for monogamy....read more here

I wonder if a cheating gene is hereditary?

+++

I have not been able to get deep restful sleep for some months now and in these past weeks, the dreams have been unsettling to say the least. I sometimes wake up in a cold sweat, feeling like the dreams were real, but not really remembering bits of it, just the emotional aftershocks that come with the dreams. I have never been the type who reads too much into dreams, largely due to the fact that my dreams were never the realistic or logical type, just images and lots of fluff that has no apparent meaning or linkage. But these days, they seem to carry more form, involving people around me, settings, scripts and scenarios that seems to be real or desired. Like a parallel world that I have no control over, but long to be? I wonder if they are premonitory or healing in nature? Nightmares perhaps? Seen from the perspective of what could be that will never be, but here you go, have a taste of it chum, but you ain't getting any. Cruel cruel this dream business..someone please shoot me with some elephant tranquilizer, any takers? I got a big ass, you can't miss.*bends over*

2 comments:

  1. wrt The Queen: what does "Yeah, I know." mean?
    wrt the gene variant: "No one is saying biology is destiny."

    ReplyDelete
  2. As in replying to say I know that she loves me.

    Biology does have some influence on destiny? i.e if you have high blood pressure genes, likely to have heart disease etc later on in life. Which will potential lead to an earlier death?

    ReplyDelete