Monday, June 28, 2010

Love me please, I am an art form

Overheard in Banker Wanker's world:

Moonlight : "Do you miss me?"
Banker Wanker : "Yeah I do..."
Moonlight : "I will see you soon?"
Banker Wanker : "Not soon enough...you don't really need me. Its the idea that you have someone to turn to that keeps you here. It could be anyone else. It is hard to be just an idea..."
Moonlight : "I am sorry...."

+++

The idea of being just an idea kills me sometimes. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprise that this is a recurring theme in my life. I was afterall conceived by accident, unplanned...an idea some 30 plus years ago. I have had more than one girlfriend in the past that were coming out of nasty relationships, and I was the rebound guy, the fallback guy, the compromise...yeah, a nice idea, to have for the long lonely nights, with alcohol to numb the senses so as to dull the disappointment that they are not with the one they longed for. You know what, I am a tragedy of epic proportions. And do you know what tragedy is, as defined in the Shakespearean and Greek context? Tragedy is a form of art based on human suffering that offers its audience pleasure. No kidding, wiki it. So, Banker Wanker's life is a tragedy because it has/provides/is....

1. human suffering, check;
2. audience pleasure, check;
3. a form of art (very subjective), check.

No comments:

Post a Comment