Monday, February 22, 2010

Defining Moments

Defining moments….its one of those elusive and rare moments that happens in one’s life and is typically life altering. It will shape the path that we traverse on in an instant and it is typically an unexpected occurrence and may be dramatic at times. Often times, a defining moment can only be appreciated long after they happen; a chance encounter with a stranger leading to marriage and kids, a business decision that makes or breaks it, buying a lottery ticket over dinner from one of those walking vendors and winning the jackpot. Continuing from my contemplative mojo phase, the following is a list of defining moments over the years that have played a fundamental part in my formative years and what I am today:

Sampling of Banker Wanker's defining moments:
- My primary 3 teacher, recognizing that I should have been placed in the top class from the onset (instead of the last class), took the initiative to promote me to the top class in primary 4. I thrived in the new environment and academically, took on a different trajectory thereafter
- My parent's divorce
- My summer holidays spent in my mum's hometown with my late uncle
- Choice of first job which triggered a series of movement thereafter, leading me to Bankerland and coming full circle with my investment banker ambition (What now?)
- Meeting Sidekick and Soulmate
- Making my first quarter of a million
- Marriage
- Birth of Bumblebee

I am about to embark on a new path and I have the feeling that it might be a defining moment, for better or for worse.

+++

Watched 14 Blades as part of my CNY ritual (must catch canto movie during CNY). Disappointing movie, Donnie Yen could have done better. Also caught Storm Warriors 2 on DVD (original kay, RM12.90 at Speedy..bangga). It was marginally entertaining, although I felt Storm Warriors 1 was infinitely better despite the inferior special effects. Too much slow pan and slow mo poses by Mr. Noodle (Cheng E-Kin)in part 2 (Yes, we know you have nice Pantene standard long hair, get on with the fighting already).

No comments:

Post a Comment