Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Regrets...I Have A Few

Overheard in Banker Wanker’s world:

Moonlight : “Do you think you have met your soulmate?”
Banker Wanker : “Yes”
Moonlight : “Not your…..”
Banker Wanker : “No”
Moonlight : “I understand…I feel you”
Banker Wanker : *looks under the table to see*
Moonlight : “Haha…I meant emotionally…for now”
Banker Wanker thinks that relationships of all kinds are opportunities for growth and seen from that angle, a better perspective on the relationships we create, develop and nurture can be achieved. He read that soulmates, whether romantic or not, arrive in your sphere for a reason. Instead of focusing so much on love and the imaginary "happily ever after," we should try re-focusing on life, and the entire truth of its experience.

+++

More output from my current contemplative mojo, and this time, it is about regrets. I am happy for those who professes to have no regrets in life or do not dwell in the past and merely live for the moment and the future…but hey, who are we kidding here. It is human to have regrets and I am trying to be as objective as possible in dissecting parts of my life that IS at the moment because of what WAS in the past. Ironic that I am using the word objective here, cause regrets are hardly ever objective but more emotive than anything else.

Regrets…
- Returning home after my studies (might have avoided the next regret)
- Marrying the wrong person
- Wrong career path
- Not taking better care of my health
- Too forgiving in the past
- Trying too much to be responsible and too unselfish at times to the detriment of my own happiness (and hence trying to make up for lost time now and trying to make a life for myself)
- Not saying what I feel at times
- Not buying that gorgeous 2 door car (available cash now tied up as equity in overpriced house, no sight of gorgeous 2 door car for the next 10 years)

Some can be fixed, some not…Banker Wanker is still very much work in progress.

+++

Check out this food review on Tanjung Tualang's famous fresh water prawns. I have been there before and it is awesome. Better try it out before the fresh water ponds in Perak dry-up in the future.

3 comments:

  1. hey, been reading ur posts =)

    wondering... why did u marry her? i know i'm crossing the line here but i figure u won't know who am i anyway =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, and likewise, you won't know who I am :)

    After dating for so long (8 years), it seemed like it was the right thing to do. I was very big on 'doing the right thing, the responsible thing' at that stage in life.

    Are you married? Or going to get married?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing...

    am glad u r still "doing the right thing" by staying married and being faithful. sounds like there's not much communication going on there =)

    am single. not going to get married any time soon =)

    ReplyDelete