Tuesday, February 9, 2010

These are a few of my favourite things...

Since my little blood pressure episode, my contemplation mojo has been in overdrive and I have been reflecting on various aspects of my life and dissecting them to minute details to get a sense of where I am at the moment, what is important to me, what is lacking in my life at this stage, where do I want to head to, etc. This is a list of the small things/everyday things that I look forward to or enjoy when they materialize unexpectedly:

- Buying second hand books and discovering some hand written notes by previous owners while flipping through the pages
- Discovering good bread and pastries (latest being RK Pastries in SS15 Subang Jaya)
- My weekly walks at Kiara Park accompanied by some good music from my MP3
- Encountering wildlife (wild fowl, snakes, monkeys) during my weekly walks. (Don’t ask, KL boy a bit jakun sometimes)
- My Japanese tin can hitting a sweet spot with the engine humming silkily and the road ahead is void of traffic so that I can rev the counter for a while, windows down, wind blowing.
- Discovering forgotten money in pockets and books at home
- My bowl of cereals with low fat milk
- Reading before I call it a night
- Fresh laundry
- An afternoon nap with no one at home

+++

I have been working on migrating to Wordpress but the lack of time and also trying to reproduce the existing design is hampering my progress. I really do want to post some graphics/pictures to add some dimension but till I am happy with the Wordpress look, its still Banker Wanker at blogspot for the time being. Sabar ya :)

+++

I think the world economy is in a "W" recovery phase.

+++

Overheard in Bankerland:

Da King : "What are we doing here? Underpaid, work is s**t"
Banker Wanker : "Dunno"
Top Gun : "I also dunno, its time to leave I think"
Da King : "Yeah, but the question is where"
Top Gun : "Start looking, we are clearly underpaid here"
Banker Wanker : "Yeah, job market is pretty okay, can place out easily. Here, upward mobility is challenging with the General's low cost mentality and the layer of fat above us"
Top Gun : "Yar man"
Banker Wanker is comforted that he is not the only disgruntled employee here. At the same time, he is also alarmed by how things have deteriorated here and how the "pillars" of the department has gone from highly motivated staff to demotivated ones in a span of 6 months. Lesson for the year, the only constant thing is change. Let us embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment