Friday, February 19, 2010

Intuition

Hope you had a good CNY break. Mine was spent visiting relatives, shopping and taking care of Bumblebee. He was a good kid these past 5 days and was charming as a button with his yelps, toothless grin and baby talk in the mornings. I had some time to get some exercise too and it was just brilliant jogging around the lake one evening in the pouring rain, umbrella at hand and Keane’s Everybody Is Changing playing. The simple things…..

+++

I have always considered myself to be a fairly intuitive person and on many occasions, more than I can recall, I have relied on my “gut feel” on some decisions that required me to go beyond conscious understanding and take a leap based on that feeling. This is also true in assessing and understanding people and personalities, both in my private and work life and if I were to put a percentage to it, I got to say that it has been a right decision or assessment 75% of the time. It is important for me to be able to read someone and try to gauge what makes that person tick. The underlying is probably driven by an innate need to be able to empathize and to customize decisions, responses, actions and words in response to the person's personality. I don't get it right all the time, but trying is important to me. Which is why I get really flustered when I am unable to read someone. Worst still if it is someone that I have been friends with for several years. This was the case over the CNY hols where I finally realized that I didn't know who Moonlight was despite our years of friendship. She is reclusive by nature and probably has enough skeletons in the closet to scare the living daylights out of me, but she is a lovely person and deserves the very best. But the lack of growth in our relationship and the fact that it is beginning to be a fairly one-sided affair (Banker Wanker gives, Moonlight takes) is really pushing me away. It takes two to tango and I feel like I am dancing alone to a tune that I don't even like. De-cluttering season again.

+++

Check out this new blog I stumbled on, it is by a cabbie in Las Vegas. Colourful encounters in the City of Lights.

+++

Its the 7th day of Chinese New Year tomorrow and its everyone's birthday! Happy birthday! What a pain trying to make a booking at restaurants, most places are fully booked out. Orang Cina really know how to makan la.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment