Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Calm Before The Storm

I really love this post from one of my favourite blogs, Marc and Angel.
I would really like to think that what I am going through now is part of a journey that is worth it at the end of the day.

+++

Overheard in Bankerland:

-- Capon :"Ok, what is CFO Interest Cover, the CFO?"
Banker Wanker : "Cashflow from operations"
Capon :"Why is my CFO negative?"
Banker Wanker :"Err....revenue negative? High receivables?" *trying to mask incredulous look*
Capon : "Yes, that is right, got high receivables" *walks away*
Banker Wanker thinks that if the question is for real, Capon should be shot with a pump gun up the ass, then screwed from behind by a 3 legged elephant. If the question is meant to create some form of conversation, it is as lame as his teeny weeny appendage down south.

+++

I think that some new analyst in Bankerland needs to be taught a thing or two about common courtesy. Rewind: I had the opportunity to interview one of the analyst and I gave a positive recommendation, which resulted in her employment in Bankerland. Forward : Its been 3 months, and she has not even said hi or greeted me at the lifts etc. Err, lack of common courtesy or maybe I look so different then that she cannot recognise me? Tragic.

+++

The last 3 months have truly been fluid, with so many developments and changes at home and in Bankerland. I have so much to say, but my state of emotional suspension and flux means I can't really focus and put down in writing some of my thoughts and feelings I have inside. Perhaps its a sub-conscious self-defense mechanism to try to shield my already jaded soul from the realities of my surroundings. Or perhaps I am increasingly receding into my shell, to find comfort and solace in my own silence, with the hope that the deafening silence will eventually mute the torrential turmoil that is blowing inside. Or perhaps, its the calm before the storm and if so, which part of me will survive the storm eventually? Something got to give, but I fear I have little to give anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment