Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sidekick - Redux

Weekend Checklist:

-- Puts on game face and store Banker Wanker away. Check.
-- Thoughts on Soulmate and other soul wrenching thoughts and memories put away in secret hiding place. Check
-- Puts on armour and spikes to protect fragile heart. Check

Steps out to bravely face the weekend.

Monday morning : Back to Banker Wanker mode. It feels familiar and comforting.

+++

Unspoken, but I think Soulmate and myself have said our farewell and its time to move on, well, at least for Soulmate. As for me, I will fester and let time sooth the weary soul (unconvinced), until the next time something reminds me of the "what ifs", "what could have beens" and how life can be ironic and cruel at times. Sidekick once said, "We just got to keep on swimming" (from Dory of Finding Nemo).Ok Sidekick, Banker Wanker will continue to swim into the abyss.

I can't take so many farewells, so ain't attending some of them. Its like a scab that won't heal.

+++

I know I ain't jinxing anything anymore since its almost a done deal, but I wanted to tell Sidekick that I am really happy for you and that I will miss you in Bankerland. My happiness for you overides the sadness and we will always be inexorably linked by our time spent here in Bankerland, and that truly is something that have defined my life, who I am and what I will be in the future...I am certain and I feel lucky to have crossed paths with you. Thank you for teaching this old dog a trick or two and if you ever need "saving", you know where to find me, in my pseudo Batcave waiting to save the world again, with my Sidekick and confidante.

No comments:

Post a Comment