Thursday, January 14, 2010

Multicolored Jelly Beans

Wanderlust in her eyes, trimmed silhouette, new curls. Banker Wanker feels a tug and goes to the mug. Just when I thought I was cruising along the highway of reverie, I was in fact on the highway of suspended misery.

+++

Overheard in Bankerland:

-- Capon : "I have told The General that we got to move away from this low cost mentality and start paying for talents, including addressing the pay issues for our existing staff"
Banker Wanker : *nods silently*
Capon : "Frankly, I am also feeling demotivated from all the expensive hires downstairs, and they can't even deliver!"
Banker Wanker : *nods more*
Capon : "My work load is increasing by the day and I am being paid peanuts"
Banker Wanker : *Gasp, there is actually more than peanuts out there??*
Banker Wanker looks at bowl of peanuts and is now fixated with the quest for multicolored jelly beans instead. Yumm...

-- Cherry Merry : "Eh Banker Wanker, how are you la"
Banker Wanker : "I am ok, how are things in Low Key Bank?"
Cherry Merry : "Ok la, been trying to find a head, business as usual lorr. Eh, you looking to leave or not? I want to hire you la, this year. Come and join us la"
Banker Wanker : "Got push factor already, waiting for pull, but want to collect my year end peanuts first"
Cherry Merry : "That means can explore laa"
Banker Wanker : "Definitely, I give you a call when I am ready?"
Cherry Merry : "Ok, set"
Banker Wanker sees jelly beans, but don't know if they are multicolored or not.

+++

This post in Marc and Angel speaks to me as I have been contemplating for the longest time to pursue some business ventures on my own. Not for the lack of ideas, it has been a road paved with procrastination and fear. I don't profess to have much, so there is not much to lose from failure, but the little I have means a lot to my dependents. And the pessimist in me knows that out of 10 new business ventures, 8 would be flops. We only hear people raving about the success stories but never those that went into the doldrums. But lately, I have started to take some concrete steps in my spare time to put some pieces together, in hope that as more pieces fall together, the fear in me can be assuage. It is beginning to dawn on me that the potential financial rewards is secondary to the pursuit of creating something that you can truly call as your own. To continue in Bankerland is not a choice anymore but a necessity to pay the bills. So this venture that I hope to pursue is a need; a need to live a little, to maintain some semblance of sanity and to proof to myself that I can do something meaningful. Stay tune, its time to get a move on now...

No comments:

Post a Comment