Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wallflower and My Cinderella

I love the fact that people generally see me as an unassuming person, largely due, I suspect, to my non-descript looks (like a Saab) and mild-mannered demeanor (like a Volvo). This works great for me, not because it presents an opportunity for me to dazzle them unexpectedly with my otherwise magnetic personality and charm *rolls eyes*, but because I love being a wallflower nowadays. I was never always like that though and the idea of being indistinguishable and absolutely normal in the sea of people was not something I aspire in the past. Maybe its because I have earned some stripes and I don’t feel the inclination to try to push my way to the front of the crowd to make a point. I had rather have my work and record do the talking. Maybe I am just burnt out and know that an incremental effort doesn’t translate into proportionate returns. I hope I can put it all together soon with my own Cinderella...

Chorus to One Headlight by the Wallflowers

Hey, come on try a little
Nothing is forever
There's got to be something better than
In the middle
But me & Cinderella
We put it all together
We can drive it home
With one headlight


+++

Overheard in Bankerland:

Small Dick: "Sher ah, wo man sher shor, finance calculator, absolute return hor, ni men paper, how shor ah, woh ai ni ah..etc etc"
Fresh Siew Pau: "Sher ah, won puh huei ming pai ah, hen haou ah, woh meh you ai ni ah, rate of return hen hou ah..etc etc"
Banker Wanker: *gives ninja death stare* "Please speak in English"
Banker Wanker supports the idea of mastering several languages and speaking in dialects to preserve the languages as part of UNESCO's worldwide campaign. But when it is in relation to work discussion by two employees who are currently struggling with English (both conversational and written), the least they could do is to try to converse in English in work related matters.

Banker Wanker apologizes for the lousy mandarin transcript above as Banker Wanker does not speak his own mother tongue. Please forward all grouses, complaints and Chairman Mao's funded hate mails to my dear mum and dad at WeLoveABC@geemail.com :)

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA... ni ing kai yao xue.

    to learn mandarin, email me:

    woaihuaiyue@jeemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wanted to learn mandarin, but procrastination is truly a disease :)

    Woh yao cek siang ciau...hahaha, don't even know how to spell it properly. Hopeless me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *smacks big forehead* I only got 1 out of 5 right, the 'yao'...teruk.

    ReplyDelete