Monday, January 11, 2010

On The Road ..One Day

The Queen and I are serious movie buffs and since Bumblebee's arrival, we have had to be pretty selective on the movies that we catch on the big screen (we have my mum and maid to thank for babysitting Bumblebee). Thus far, we have caught Avatar (I still long to hump a Na'vi chick) and Sherlock Holmes (dark but interesting interpretation of the characters, Robert Downey can do no wrong). Two movies in as many months is bad by our standards, but the releases have not been great and we have had to prioritize. Which means our DVD purchases have ramped up, much to the delight of Rupi, our friendly neighborhood entrepreneur who swears that pirated DVDs are good for the local movie industry. Not wishing to argue with him (largely due to the exposed flower tattoo and fairly impressive biceps) I normally make my purchases quickly and scoot out in a cloud of anonymity. Before you folks berate me on supporting the triads, copy right infringement and indirectly supporting vice activities etc etc...look, I am not proud of buying pirated stuff and in my very-weak defense, its about the only pirated/fake stuff that I buy on a regular basis. Home entertainment after a day of milk runs, burping, poo handling and night feeds is a NEED for new parents, like what cocaine is to [fill in name of any Hollywood star) and sex is to [fill in name of any male on planet earth].

So, movies watched at home recently; Twilight, Revolutionary Road and Blood The Last Vampire. Don't ask me why there is so many vampire themed movies in the list, it was just the pick and they sucked big time (pun intended). But I tell ya, please go and watch Revolutionary Road if you have not. The subject matter speaks to my soul and is relevant to all married (soon to be married), late 20s to 30s, suburbia, medium income people out there. Kate Winslet, you are brilliant.

+++

So, if you could escape and leave the country, where would it be? I suppose the considerations would be family, kids and all, but lets live a little here and assume that you have turned into a selfish bastard and all you want to do is start a new and escape. So, yes, this is an escapism scenario. Perhaps to wintery Russia? homelife in Sicily? Tokyo? New York? London? If I was April Wheeler in Revolutionary Road, I will choose Spain, largely due to the show Spain - On The Road Again. Also because I would choose a country where I don't speak the language just so that the experience feels more foreign. If I close my eyes real hard (constipation hard), I can just imagine going around Spain in my 6 Series tourer, top down, sun is shining, James Morrison playing in the background and I am in Valencia chomping down on some paella, Catalunya for seafood, hunting the best Iberico pork in Castilla Y Leon, Madrid's churros and hot chocolate and endless coastal roads up north to Galicia. Oh, Charlize Theron (as usual) would be there with me too, but if she is tied-up with her UNICEF initiatives, I am ok settling for Claudia Bassols. She can earn her keep by licking of my fingers while we cook lobster stew on my 30 footer yacht named Charlize. :)

But seriously, have been thinking about leaving the country, more so with Bumblebee in the picture and the state of economy and social/religious disarray that the country is in.

+++

Overheard in Bankerland:

--- On Contract Boy : "Back when I was at Super Bank, we did this in Mega Deal etc etc and then we did that in Mega Deal 2 etc etc"
Banker Wanker : "Market in different now and we have already established ourselves as experts in these sort of transaction"
On Contract Boy : "Ok, but I know the Chairman's son so we can try to use it as leverage"
Banker Wanker : "No you can't. I have done presentations to the board of directors and its a chinaman company with the necessary quota of Bumiputra directors and Bumiputra chairman. They ultimately rely on Mr Chinaman's recommendation and we have Mr Chinaman covered"
On Contract Boy :" Oh...."
Banker Wanker : *mentally throws peace sign gawai style*
Banker Wanker feels that Bankerland is hiring too many expensive retrenched foreign investment bankers and realizing thereafter that many of them are just duds.

+++

It is 11 January today and it has been 1 month since Soulmate left and not a day goes by when I don't think of her. I miss ya, write soon.

It has been 11 days since Sidekick left and I feel the lost of a friend and confidante, I miss you dearly, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment