Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Simple Things.

Attended some training in Bankerland Academy in the first half of the morning yesterday and thereafter went to the maid agency to fill up the forms to bring in help for Bumblebee. Was on the way back to Bankerland, and was on a look out for a quick lunch somewhere and that was when I spied a van with the big ass sign "pesambor dan cendol" under a tree somewhere near Taman Megah. Swung in my Japanese tin can, parked, made my order of pesambor, tambah sotong, tambah kelapa, took out my cuffs, rolled up my sleeves, sat under the tree and tucked into my plate...sun shining, food was good, no conversations......bliss, the simple things in life.

+++

My mum has been bugging me about getting a health checkup and my blood pressure condition and all. She says its time I take the pill (blood pressure pill, in case you are wondering why I need THE pill). Obviously I have resisted thus far due to the life time commitment of the pill but slowly but surely, it is an inevitable decision I would have to make soon. Perhaps it is for the better, then I can stop fretting about whether my condition could possibly cripple my future employment opportunities. For the life of me, I can never understand the thinking behind the fear and phobia of going to the doctor. Cause, really, the promise of a better and longer life should outweigh that fear 2000 to 1? Could it be the fear of discovering an illness that will shorten my life or an ailment that will require drastic changes in my lifestyle? Is the underlying fear one of mortality or the fear of change (to my state of mind and lifestyle)? Shouldn't the existence of Bumblebee means I got to do better for myself so that he can have his dad around to play ball, wrestle and gawk at women together?

I am either a selfish person or a person that doesn't believe that he deserves to have a long life. How did I ever become any of these? My umesyu bottles, here I come...

+++

Overheard in Bankerland's carpark after hours:

Energizer Bunny Girl : boing boing "Banker Wanker! You are shrinking!"
Banker Wanker : "Yeah, its all the sex la, damn woman"
Energizer Bunny Girl : stops boing-ing "Huh?"
Banker Wanker : "I meant, since my kid came out, I have been shrinking"
Energizer Bunny Girl : "Ohh, hehe, what a funny term, came out..."
Banker Wanker : "Yah watttt *hand gestures of baby coming out from crotch area* "
Banker Wanker doesn't think Energizer Bunny Girl will ever initiate conversations again.. :)

+++

I am hankering for some German pork knuckle today, I think I am going to Hutong food court for lunch. Ahh, the simple things....oink oink.

2 comments: